Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Volunteers- 1 of 3

Pasturing is who I am, not what I do. Sometimes most of my day, to some, is non-productive. In actuality it's exactly what I should be doing. Today I am studying. I am preparing for staff meeting tomorrow. We are discussing several things, but one of them I thought you would be interested in. "VOLUNTEERS".

You might be one. You might be thinking of being one. Which ever one you are know this, we are constantly improving on how we relate, communicate and build community with our volunteers. Volunteers are the oil in the motor, the cords in our parachute, the "getter" in our "getter done". HA HA "That was funny, I don't care who you are."

Here is the first of three lessons we have researched lately.

* A NEW VOLUNTEER IS A FRAGILE VOLUNTEER.

An experienced volunteer can handle an occasional mishap. But a new volunteer is extremely vulnerable to discouragement and disillusionment. That first volunteers experience could become that persons ministry experience for the rest of his/her life.

ANSWER: We need to build communication bridges with our volunteers. Ask Q's like, "How do you feel? Did it breath life into you? Do you want to do it again? How's it going?" The more we communicate the more we can help each other.

Here is your responsibility: Now you know CJC's Staffs heart. Don't shut down. Don't turn introvert. Don't quit. Communicate with us. Were human too. Your to valuable to the Kingdom of God!

I LIVE FOR THIS STUFF!!! More to come.

2 comments:

  1. You are always learning something new that inspires us to be better. Thanks for working smart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great food for thought. You hit the nail on the head. You do make us want to be better. thanks for being a great pastor.

    ReplyDelete