Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Weekend Reflection

I am doing this weekend reflection on a Wednesday. I should do this Tuesday morning, but the staff of CJC has been working hard on the new Junction City Kids Church. There was some awesome things that happened this weekend, soooo here we gooooo!

  • The video "How Great is our God" with Louie Giglio, was worth the time out. From time to time CJC has been known to think outside the box. I decided to postpone what I had planned and obey the conviction in my heart. I decided to move the illustrated sermon "Perspective" to next week and play this video. To make a long story short, 13 people accepted Jesus as their personal savior. Also countless more rededicated their faith and confidence in our God that is bigger than the economy.
  • Would you like to own the video? CJC purchased many DVDs and they will be on sale this Sunday and Monday. If you can't wait or are wondering what I am talking about click here.
  • The goal of this weekend was to build our faith in a world that is shaky, uncertain and depressing. This was the second message that is intended to restore our faith, boost our confidence in the calling of God on our lives and remind us that God is both infinite and minuscule, our life is in control.
  • The worship Monday was one of the highlights of the weekend. Thanks Fabian, Leslie, Abbie, Nora, Adam, Cigi, Dimitra, Mike and Ray D. You guys sounded wonderful.
  • I THOUGHT THE KIDS CHURCH SKIT WAS HILARIOUS! Way to go Elizabeth (Abby) and Cowgirl Pearl (Cril). Can't wait for kickoff April.
I may not be Blogging as much as I had. This week I will be working on Sundays message and Spring Break is next week. So, lets see how things progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment