Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Young Pro Team Roping Camp


This week I am in Graham Tx. for the Young Pro Team Roping Camp. This is one of my favorite camps that I have the honor of being invited to speak.

What is the Young Pro? In the NBA and the NFL they take the rookies and spend a week preparing them for the pressures and temptations related to the field of work they are going into. This is the same principle with a different foundation, Jesus. The entire camp is biblical based and spirit filled. YPTRC covers rodeo subjects such as finances, relationships, horsemanship, sponsorship and professional clinicians. Then it covers spiritual subjects such as choices, dating and successful marriage, following Christ and living a spirit filled life.

A lot of the National Finals Rodeo team roping contestants are here. Ropers like Clay O'Brian Cooper, Rickey Green, Clay Tryan, Travis Tryan, Allen Bach, Caesar Delacruz, Rope Myers and many more.

There is also great spiritual directors here also. Pastors like Randy Weaver, Trey Johnson, Tom Underhill, Me and others.

Today I will talk to the students about dating and marriage. I talked on this subject 10 years ago, and they have asked me to speak on it every year since. This group of young men and women are more mature than most people their age. They are hungry for both rodeo direction and spiritual direction.

I also have a side agenda. My friend Zack Burkett lives here and owns a hunting ranch 12 miles from the arena. Soooooooooooo! I might go deer hunting on my time off. "Through me in that Brier patch." More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment